- Genre Strategy
- Languages Multilanguage
- Singleplayer Yes
- Multiplayer Yes
- CO OP Yes
- Release Date 22 Sep, 2014
About This Game
Stronghold Crusader 2 is the long awaited sequel to Stronghold: Crusader, the original 'castle sim'. After 12 years Stronghold returns to the deserts of the Middle East circa 1189, with a new 3D engine and realistic castle destruction powered by Havok Physics. Crusader 2 will recapture the original game’s addictive, fast-paced gameplay and authentic castle simulation.
True to its roots this new Stronghold will define old school real time strategy, combining RTS and city builder gameplay. Playing as a brutal Crusader Knight or Arabic freedom fighter, you must use a deadly array of troops and destructive siege equipment to decide the fate of the holy lands. Lead your forces into battle as either Richard the Lionheart or the Sultan of Syria in two historic single-player campaigns, with dynamic events such as tornados and locust swarms. Become the greatest Lord by managing your desert economy and seizing control of vital oases.
To dominate the battlefield you will need to command more than 25 unique unit types, mastering their special abilities. Raise morale with the Sergeant at Arms, charge in with the Sassanid Knight, use Archers to launch an arrow volley or scale castle walls with the deadly Assassin. Once your skills have been perfected put them to the test in skirmish mode or take the battle online with up to eight human and AI players. Create teams, choose different AI opponents and design your own map in the ultimate skirmish or multiplayer game!
- Build the Ultimate Castle - Design mighty strongholds and fill them with fiendish traps to crush your enemies!
- Skirmish Mode - Lay siege to your enemies in fast-paced custom skirmish matches against the AI.
- 8 Player Multiplayer - Mix and match human and AI players, maps and game modes to set up your ideal multiplayer game.
- Battle a Wide Range of AI Lords - Classic AI characters return alongside new blood, each with distinct personalities, castles and play styles.
- Challenge the Crusader Trail - Test your mettle across a range of increasingly tough skirmish campaigns.
- Co-op Play - Share control over castle building, troop control and resource management in Co-op Mode.
- Castle Sandbox - Dive into the Map Editor or Free Build mode and construct the ultimate castle without fear of attack.