- Genre Strategy
- Region Worldwide
- Languages English
- Singleplayer Yes
- Multiplayer Yes
- CO OP No
- Release Date 12 Feb, 2015
From lead designer of one of the highest-rated games of all time (Soren Johnson, Civilization IV) comes an entirely new kind of real-time strategy game: Offworld Trading Company.
- Rekindle humanity’s adventurous spirit by leaving the tired Earth to find new fortunes in the untapped resources of Mars
- Manipulate the market, employ corporate espionage, and patent technologies to drive your opponents out of business
- No military – the real-time, player-driven market is your sword and your shield
- Thirteen different resources and a market economy make no two paths to victory alike – no one resource is the “key” to Martian dominance
- Dynamic single-player campaign responds to your actions and choices to determine the fate of the Martian colonization effort
- Market-driven gameplay emphasizes mental savvy over manual dexterity, and naturally supports exceptional free-for-all matches
Offworld Trading Company is a real-time strategy game in which money, not firepower, is the player's weapon. Players lead their developing companies in cutthroat economic warfare against other companies looking to become the dominant economic power on Mars.
Loosely inspired by such classics as M.U.L.E., Offworld Trading Company forces players to make tough choices on what resources to acquire, what goods to build and sell, how to interact with the planet's thriving underworld, and when and what stocks to acquire.
Players compete against up to seven other AI- or player-controlled companies. The game is won when one player ultimately acquires all the shares of their competitors, thereby wresting control of the entire planet’s economy.